If you have bought the Easter egg hunt forward in your house to alleviate the boredom due to the wet weather you aren't alone out there I'm sure. It's days like these that everyone develops their own acute case of cabin fever (well at my house anyway),so it's time to compile a few different wet weather activities for Miss 2.5 for not only this weekend but for Winter, as we may be in for a few more wet days yet. Play dough and Puzzles aren't really cutting it so I've found some new and exciting activities. These would also be great for those of you gearing up for School Holidays.
- Abstract Canvas - a little colour to brighten up your day
- Cardboard Castle - perfect for those cardboard boxes that tend to pile up
- Race Car Track - hours of fun, with lots of possibilities
- Hopscotch - a bit of old school (for parents everywhere)
- Washi Tape Picture Scene - a little cuteness for a rainy day
Games & Play
- Forts - for some more inspiration check out my Fun Inside Day series with Part 1: Forts, Part 2: Teepees, and Part 3: Cool Cousins of Forts & Teepee
- Balloon Ping Pong - easy peasy using a balloon and and some paper plate paddles
- Tower Play - an oldie but a goody using bright coloured cups and plates
- Marble Race Track - upcycling a pool noodle seeing as they won't be needed any time soon
- Box Land - loving this cardboard box village
Arts & Crafts
- Pom Pom Necklaces - great for fine motor skills with the threading of pom poms
- Playdough Pizzas - get creative with play dough and embellishments to create everyones fave pizza!
- Patchwork People - this is definitely a favourite on my to-do-list this weekend
- Cloud Dough or Moon Dough - an alternative to playdough and no cooking involved
- Rainbow Collage - a great way to learn colour recognition and create something bright
For homemade art supplies like facepaint, shaving cream paint, and chalk check out my Homemade Art Supplies post.
- Oobleck - Oobleck defies Newton’s third law of motion–for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. If you quickly smack oobleck with your hand it immediately turns into a solid, instead of splashing or moving. If you slowly move oobleck it reacts like a liquid.
- Construction Quarry - bring the outside inside with this construction quarry in a plastic bin
- Mess Free sandwich bag painting - all the fun without the mess
- Creative Art Station in the Bath - perfect to keep the mess contained, it just washes away - genius!
- Soapy Sparkle Sensory Bags - The more you handle it the more soapy bubbles you create, and the best part, they sparkle!
- Bears in the Bubble Bath Cupcakes - love the cuteness of these guys!
- Easter Basket Cupcakes - it's Easter after all and these cupcakes are perfect for a morning tea
- Cupcake Poppers - an alternative to a macaron with cupcake flavour
- Lollycake (everyone's fave!)
- Wheels on the Bus Savoury Scrolls - something savoury to balance out all the sweet this weekend!
What wet weather activities do you bring out when the weather turns pants?
For more check out my Pinterest board Fun things to do!
Have fun and stay